Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign®)
Your smile is often the first thing other people notice…and it’s never too late to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Braces can help straighten your teeth and improve the way your teeth fit together (fix “bad bites”). While traditional metal braces are the best treatment option for some, others may qualify for clear braces (Invisalign®). Schedule your free consultation today to explore what treatment choice is best for you.
- To keep your teeth healthy – Crowded and crooked teeth are often difficult to keep clean and can lead to the development of cavities and premature tooth loss. Having the proper jaw relationship is also essential to keep your jaw joint healthy, preventing your teeth from wearing down, and ensuring you are able to chew and function efficiently.
- Enhance your smile – Imagine the smile you’ve always wanted…you can have it at any age!
- Improve your self esteem – Getting your braces off and revealing your new, beautiful smile can greatly boost your confidence.
What Problems Can Braces Fix?
- "Buck teeth"
- Gaps caused by missing teeth
- Relapse from previous orthodontic treatment
- Crooked teeth
- Spacing between teeth
- Overbite and deep bite
How Do Braces Work?
Braces and other orthodontic appliances function by placing constant, gentle force on your teeth in order to carefully move them into more desirable positions. With modern technological advancements braces are more comfortable and less noticeable than ever!
Gone are the days of bulky and unsightly metal braces. Invisalign utilizes custom plastic trays that are practically invisible and fit comfortably over your teeth. The clear trays are removable and engineered to precisely reposition any teeth that are out of alignment.
Duration of Treatment
While each case is unique, traditional orthodontic treatment is typically completed in approximately 18-24 months. The most important factor in achieving effective and efficient treatment is patient compliance. This includes everything from meticulous home care (brushing and flossing) to keeping your regular orthodontic recall appointments (every 6-10 weeks). It is also important to promptly repair any broken or damaged appliances and to diligently use any prescribed appliances as directed.
How Much Do Braces Cost?
Treatment costs can vary greatly depending the type of braces you get and how long you are expected to need to wear them. Average orthodontic treatment ranges from $3,000 to $7,000.